GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shift Transmission Adapter - Boomba Racing

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
How is this different from the oem s3 Audi short shifter?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
You're not switching out the entire assembly

rbk

Ready to race!
Is it a rattling noise and is it at higher RPMs? I had a rattling noise but it was a little plastic cover underneath the armrest..

I don't have any issues with the adapter!

its very hard to describe, but it has also gone away for the most part.
seem to only hear it when the car is cold/first being driven then once it warms up it goes away so not really sure what it could be.

but overall im absolutely loving this mod the improved shifting feel is tremendous.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
A little bit of a gap with that rear screw that you guys are describing is totally fine and normal!

As for the R, we have not tested this on an MK7 R, yet.

For people on the fence, it works on the R. Experienced the gap with the bottom bracket as mentioned earlier in the thread, but the shifts are much shorter, with no loss in precision. Only downside is it isn't as easy to find neutral, but the feel and reduction in motion are worth it.

If you carry cups on the front cup holder this mod is a must so you can shift into 4th and 6th normally.

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow are the throws short! The first time I shifted into 1st I almost felt like I mis-shifted and didn't push it in far enough haha. Was super notchy at first, but after a little bit of driving it feels great. Very satisfying to feel each shift lock into place.

The only downside to this mod is that it really makes you want to finish it off with a heavier shift knob.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Thank you guys for all the awesome feedback we really appreciate it. For those that are looking for an even shorter throw we do sell our Weighted Short Throw Shift knob.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Long time lurker here. I generally prefer to lurk but this was too good not to share.

Installed this and the delrin knob the other day. Super easy to install both. I will say that having a shorter 4mm Allen key than I was using would make it a bit easier to snug up the adapter. The knob is pretty straightforward install though there is no going back as you have to cut the boot from the stock knob. (suppose VW sells as an assembly if you had to go back to stock)
Absolutely love the combo. Along with the 'free clutch mod' (removing the orifice from the bleeder) it shifts like it always should have.

Last edited:

Joel

Ready to race!
Long time lurker here. I generally prefer to lurk but this was too good not to share.

Installed this and the delrin knob the other day. Super easy to install both. I will say that having a shorter 4mm Allen key than I was using would make it a bit easier to snug up the adapter. The knob is pretty straightforward install though there is no going back as you have to cut the boot from the stock knob. (suppose VW sells as an assembly if you had to go back to stock)
Absolutely love the combo. Along with the 'free clutch mod' (removing the orifice from the bleeder) it shifts like it always should have.

If you haven't already, remove the spring that pulls the clutch pedal towards the firewall as well... makes it feel like a normal clutch...