GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racingline Performance Oil Catch & Oil Management system

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
"Oil control"?? Plenty of shameless companies out there more than happy to separate you from as much of your cash as they possibly can. "Hey, let's charge an outrageous price for this questionable new whiz-bang mod we've come up with! High price gives it more legitimacy!"

Or not.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
"Oil control"?? Plenty of shameless companies out there more than happy to separate you from as much of your cash as they possibly can. "Hey, let's charge an outrageous price for this questionable new whiz-bang mod we've come up with! High price gives it more legitimacy!"

Or not.

This part was specifically designed to solve the oil starvation issue that occurs on MK7's in high-g braking and turning situations. Do some research into this issue before making uneducated statements. Racingline makes quality parts for VW's, not "questionable new whiz-bang mods".

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
This isn't a normal catch can. It's engineered specifically to counter a problem that the cars have in extended sweeping high G turns on the track.

Before this system, there were two types of catch cans for the car.

Type 1: inline with stock pcv system. Nothing accumulated, unless the stock system was malfunctioning.

Type 2: Replaced stock pcv system. Car vomits into the catch can under boost.

Type 2 is to be avoided. It creates problems where there was none to begin with.

Since no one has this system, I don't know if it a true type 2, or a hybrid. Hoping it's a hybrid and not a replacement.
^^ This. It appears the Racingline setup could be the most comprehensive solution thus far for the oil-pooling issues... but it's pricey indeed and it also appears to replace the oem PCV at quick-glance. So I'll stick with my existing "type 1" system for the time being.

Also see this thread for other's observations.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
The E888 engine does not need a catch can. It has the best internal baffling than previous VAG engines.
At 15k I replaced my intercooler and all the hoses and saw no signs of oil. My MKV was a mess all the time and consumed a lot of oil over time.

I even heard from top tuners that say it's not necessary.

A waste of money and a ton of hype!

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
The E888 engine does not need a catch can. It has the best internal baffling than previous VAG engines.
At 15k I replaced my intercooler and all the hoses and saw no signs of oil. My MKV was a mess all the time and consumed a lot of oil over time.

Mate, you have no idea. :rolleyes:

I can tell you under high-g successive tight turns you will get blow by. There are tons of videos on YouTube, MK7 is not immune.

https://youtu.be/MllthASOVBA?t=2m13s (2:13 & 2:30)

Plenty of other examples like the one above.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I have one, works well, most of you will also need the upper windshield washer tank bypass as it is where the catch can sits, so it'll be even more expensive. The lower tank holds plenty though, just FYI

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
VWR Remote Washer Refill Kit (VWR13G700RFK) to still allow you to refill your washer fluid easily and neatly via a beautifully high-gloss hard-anodised filler cap which locates conveniently on the front panel using the bracket provided.

There's the part number for upper washer tank relocation kit :)

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
VWR Remote Washer Refill Kit (VWR13G700RFK) to still allow you to refill your washer fluid easily and neatly via a beautifully high-gloss hard-anodised filler cap which locates conveniently on the front panel using the bracket provided.

There's the part number for upper washer tank relocation kit :)
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you!

No problem bud, it's expensive but the best option imo, I actually bought 2 at the same time. 1 for my 17 and 1 for my 16, it was weird to spend well over a g note on 2 catch cans, but 6 months on both no complaints, you do have to remove 2 bolts to lift the can to access the drain plug, at least that's how I do it.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

haha you seriously are in the wrong place man. Clearly you don't actually track your car. this ain't for DD use.

Mate, you have no idea. :rolleyes:

I can tell you under high-g successive tight turns you will get blow by. There are tons of videos on YouTube, MK7 is not immune.

https://youtu.be/MllthASOVBA?t=2m13s (2:13 & 2:30)

Plenty of other examples like the one above.
i gotta upload my video next. HUGE clouds off the main straight at Eurokracy

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Did you HPDE drivers look into an oil pan replacement? I know the wortec oil pan has a baffle for the pickup, which could resolve the issue without touching the pcv system.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Wortec-Upgraded-Aluminum-Oil-Pan-Kit-1.8T-and-2.0T.html
Still doesn't address the overlying issue, under high G braking, oil gets forced into the oem pcv system, the oem system then vomits the oil into the combustion chamber.

Racingline adds a baffle up high preventing this excess oil from entering the pcv system.