GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable DRL

Bakili

Ready to race!
Hey guys

Does anyone knows how to disable DRL on standard lights without vcds? Is it possible? I remember doing this on my mk6 with combination of key turning.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
My car was 2 months old when i bought it. Someone had already programmed it like this via VCDS.

i've got a full copy of VCDS so may change it back at some point.

I like the DRL's so i leave it in automode. People on the forums are mentioning If your car is post 2014 and came with DRL it might void your insurance if turned off.

The onboard supply control unit, you have the option of the new VW Golf 7, the daytime running lights (DRL) be set so that it is activated only in the switch in the Auto position. In switch position '0 '(light) Thus, the daytime running lights of the headlights (LED or halogen) will be disabled.
The following coding is used:
Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
Enter access code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
Channel (9) - select daytime running lights only switch in the Auto position
Select " active"

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry you said without VCDS. I'm stumped.

Backs away slowly....

Bakili

Ready to race!
The only reason I want them off as I am planing to fit fog lights drl's.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The only reason I want them off as I am planing to fit fog lights drl's.

Fog-lights are not intended to be used as DRL's the clue is in the name. :confused: In many countries it is illegal to have them on unless there is reduced visibility. How do you plan to stop them reflecting up from a wet road and dazzling people? Just don't do it, as it will look gash and not sure where you live but there is a common name here for people that drive with fog-lights on all the time..

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
Fog-lights are not intended to be used as DRL's the clue is in the name. :confused: In many countries it is illegal to have them on unless there is reduced visibility. How do you plan to stop them reflecting up from a wet road and dazzling people? Just don't do it, as it will look gash and not sure where you live but there is a common name here for people that drive with fog-lights on all the time..

Range Rover drivers ? ;) At least they're the worst for leaving them on at eye level!

a5ian300zx

Hi, I like the DRL lights but would like them off when the handbrake is up. I tried to programme it using vcds but does not seem to have worked.

I have a 16 plate gtd worked fine on my last golf a 13 plate tdi se.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Sorry to go off topic but I just though I'd share my two pennies worth on DRL fogs.

The light intensity of DRL fogs coded from factory (see UK Polo 6R & UK Passat B7) or via VCDS to 'factory' is significantly less than the intensity output when you have your headlight switched to fogs active.

I'm not condoning front fog light use in non-foggy conditions but if VAG (and others) are churning out cars with this enabled from factory then there must have been some thought regarding dazzling - i.e. less light intensity.

Front fogs in Factory DRL mode don't dazzle. Front fogs in fog mode do dazzle. ;)

Bakili

Ready to race!
I can confirm, it's possible with vcds. After disabling it can be easily turned back on through car settings in radio.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk