GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

sthomason

My dealer replaced the shifter assembly and the error message went away.
Also had the coolant pump replaced due to a leak. Apparently this happens often enough for them to know about it.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Can you clarify what exactly got replaced?
Had this error pop up twice now and it is quiet frankly extremely annoying.

rayuki

How do I go about getting my dealer to look for and believe this is the problem? I've done a scan myself with my own obd tool and nothing is logged (OBDLink LX) i checked with the obdlink app and torque and its not logged any error codes for this. After a bunch of reading im fairly certain this is the issue as its very similar to what others have described. Shows up randomly and disappears before i can read it or take a screenshot. Has happened about 4 - 5 times now over the last 6 months maybe? Car is due for a service in 1200km so wondering if Its worth taking to my dealer and getting it done there and get them to check for this issue, but don't want them to fob it off so want to give them as much info as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
How do I go about getting my dealer to look for and believe this is the problem? I've done a scan myself with my own obd tool and nothing is logged (OBDLink LX) i checked with the obdlink app and torque and its not logged any error codes for this. After a bunch of reading im fairly certain this is the issue as its very similar to what others have described. Shows up randomly and disappears before i can read it or take a screenshot. Has happened about 4 - 5 times now over the last 6 months maybe? Car is due for a service in 1200km so wondering if Its worth taking to my dealer and getting it done there and get them to check for this issue, but don't want them to fob it off so want to give them as much info as possible.

Somewhere in the thread there's a picture of the message that comes on your dash copy it cut out the mileage and show your dealer and tell him you got a picture of it this worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayuki

Somewhere in the thread there's a picture of the message that comes on your dash copy it cut out the mileage and show your dealer and tell him you got a picture of it this worked for me

Thanks yeah that might be my best option for them to look into it.

jstewart6

Thanks yeah that might be my best option for them to look into it.

This is actually what I did but I didn't even cut the mileage. I just said this is what keeps coming up but never long enough to get a picture.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
So no way to replicate this random code - true?

I see it pop up at least every other day now & primarily after the car has sat cold for a bit - in garage overnight or parking lot at the gym.

Put it into gear. Roll for about 100 feet & bam - mssg come on.

Of course, I am not quick with phone cam to take the pic because it is random enough to leave me in a lowered on guard state...

antep

I started having the same problem on my 2015 mk3 octavia several months ago.

"error workshop leave vehicle only when selector lever is in position p"

Started appearing maybe once in few weeks, now it appears almost few times a week. I have visited the dealer multiple times and they cannot read any errors. I managed to capture the picture once but this doesnt help them, they need to have error logged. This is really frustrating!

antep

My dealer had the same problem. My car wasn't storing any codes. I eventually had to have the error pop up and drive straight to the dealer to pull the codes. That's what worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1. Was the error still on when you visited the dealer or did it happened and disappeared during that ride?

2. Do they scan errors with the car running or not?

Talon

Ready to race!
1. Was the error still on when you visited the dealer or did it happened and disappeared during that ride?

2. Do they scan errors with the car running or not?
1. Yes, the error was stored during the drive.
2. They scanned with it running. I made sure to not let anyone turn the vehicle off until they could scan it.

antep

1. Yes, the error was stored during the drive.
2. They scanned with it running. I made sure to not let anyone turn the vehicle off until they could scan it.

But was the error still visible on the maxidot or did it disappeared?