GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB1 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread.

Slick99

Ready to race!
I just picked up my jb1 from a local vendor today :)

I'll be installing it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Quick question though. I have a few litres of 87 in the tank and need to fill up.
Can I install the jb1, then drive to a gas station and fill up with 91? Would that be safe? Or should I run a couple tanks of 91 first then install? How fast is the ecu at adapting?

Yes u can install now and set the map 0 until u fillup 91

abracadabra1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not sure. I haven't heard of something like this occurring on a auto. It could have downshifted and then up shifted again. Without slip/torque converter not locked the revs cannot climb so it either slipped or it shifted down. With the gear engaged the revs cannot physically climb.

I would monitor it and see if it happens again.
I've updated my earlier posts, but I've encountered somewhat similar behavior before (i.e. prior to JB1 installation). I'll see if I can capture a video at some point, but it happens so seldom that it's hard to capture.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Installed it, then drove to the gas station afterwards. No issues.

Car feels a bit quicker, but not life changing, clearly I need to do the is20 swap and jb4 upgrade :)

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I just picked up my jb1 from a local vendor today :)

I'll be installing it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Quick question though. I have a few litres of 87 in the tank and need to fill up.
Can I install the jb1, then drive to a gas station and fill up with 91? Would that be safe? Or should I run a couple tanks of 91 first then install? How fast is the ecu at adapting?

Its fine, just keep it off boost and you ok.

JackJoachim

Just so I understand fully, if I order a JB1 today I will get rev2, therefore not needing the weatherproof box. And i should order the data cable to even though i only want to run map 1? I don't really have an interest in running Map 6, cause I'm afraid of screwing something up haha. Anything else that i should know before ordering?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Just so I understand fully, if I order a JB1 today I will get rev2, therefore not needing the weatherproof box. And i should order the data cable to even though i only want to run map 1? I don't really have an interest in running Map 6, cause I'm afraid of screwing something up haha. Anything else that i should know before ordering?

Yes you will get the Rev 2 and you do not need the weather proof box.

If you going to stick to map 1 then you do not need it. You also should not avoid getting it in case you screw up. I am here to help and if you have challenges we can work through them. (sounds like counseling hehe).

JackJoachim

Yes you will get the Rev 2 and you do not need the weather proof box.

If you going to stick to map 1 then you do not need it. You also should not avoid getting it in case you screw up. I am here to help and if you have challenges we can work through them. (sounds like counseling hehe).

thanks for the quick response! pretty sold on it!
No cels if i only have a drop in filter and a dv valve spacer correct?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I held out on data cable for now. Map1 is enough for now. I'll either be getting the cable or Bluetooth module soon:).

George, is it possible for jb4 to add 2step/launch control? Or is that outside the scope of a piggyback?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I held out on data cable for now. Map1 is enough for now. I'll either be getting the cable or Bluetooth module soon:).

George, is it possible for jb4 to add 2step/launch control? Or is that outside the scope of a piggyback?

You need to change coding in the ECU for that. We did find a way around it on BMW so there is always hope for that but its low on the priority list at the moment.