GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Vorshlag camber plates. So nice...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Some new pads for the beast. Ferodo DS2500. New rotors and RBF600 on the way too.

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_175735.jpg
    IMG_20170730_175735.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 731

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Vorshlag camber plates. So nice...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
yes they are!
Mine work well, though my stock springs don't permit the full range provided by the plates.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Got a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports delivered. This will be my first experience with summer tires but I'll be keeping my Austins w/ DWS06s for winter duty. I'm getting these installed Monday by a mobile tire installer which I'm hoping will be a better experience than a traditional tire shop.

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Got a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports delivered. This will be my first experience with summer tires but I'll be keeping my Austins w/ DWS06s for winter duty. I'm getting these installed Monday by a mobile tire installer which I'm hoping will be a better experience than a traditional tire shop.

Very curious to hear how that install goes, and your review of the new Conti's. I've run the old DW's several times on multiple cars and have liked them. These are the evolution of those tires.

I've bought from Tire Rack many times in the past, but mostly only when buying wheels at the same time. The one experience I had having an indy shop mount tires from there did not go well. It's kinda a funny business model - buy the product somewhere on the cheap, then expect a local guy to just do the install. A recipe for resentment from the installer for sure. But the mobile guy could be grateful for the business, more than a tire shop would ever be. So that's a plus.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe with resonator. Installed, and no drone and as quiet as stock or at least has you thinking, "Is this quieter than stock or is stock quieter, I can't quite tell". Exactly what I was looking for, stage 2 power and quiet as stock. Fitment was OK, not great.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Where you able to install it? How did the install go? And also any different in performance?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes I was able to install it; it took about 7 hours with a dinner break and a trip to O'Reilly's in between. The install was pretty straightforward, it was taking out the stock intercooler that was a PITA. I hadn't worked on any cars before I got my GTI, so I'm convinced that if I can install an intercooler then anyone can. My butt dyno hasn't really noticed any difference in performance. I'll have to do some logs soon to see the difference.

greypanter

Ready to race!
Yes I was able to install it; it took about 7 hours with a dinner break and a trip to O'Reilly's in between. The install was pretty straightforward, it was taking out the stock intercooler that was a PITA. I hadn't worked on any cars before I got my GTI, so I'm convinced that if I can install an intercooler then anyone can. My butt dyno hasn't really noticed any difference in performance. I'll have to do some logs soon to see the difference.
Oh cool, thank you, stage 2 on stock intercooler is a bit iffy, sometimes the car pulls hard other times it tends to hold back and am convinced that an upgraded IC would fix my issue...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

There's no real butt dyno improvement with an IC install. It prevents you from losing power due to heatsoak. It's a complimentary mod for power increases like tune or DP or BT to keep you from losing power due to heat buildup, especially after multiple pulls. What you will notice with your butt is that your car no longer starts dogging it on a hot day after a little hooning once you up the power over stock levels.

Last edited: