GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks for the heads up! Just to clarify, are you saying run the adaptation before you bolt it on?
Sorry bolt it up and then runt he test before you put your downpipe on. That way you can adjust it if need be.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I'm taking my chances on the stock clutch for the time being. I've done about 10k on JB1 and another 8k on JB4, I'm feeling lucky. :D

Continued good luck to you! It's about to get a real test.

Joel

Ready to race!
Got some pop in sunshades for the rear and back sides.
Ordered a Sachs SRE clutch, XLR8 rear main seal and a throw out bearing.

MattB1

Ready to race!
Good for you man, so exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I am waiting to get some other parts so I can get everything fitted in one go, which would be the sensible thing to do, but I am already looking at it and thinking "just do it now!"

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks again Zac, most appreciated :cool:
Also remove the oil and coolant lines from the turbo. Not the block. Much easier.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Thanks, I am waiting to get some other parts so I can get everything fitted in one go, which would be the sensible thing to do, but I am already looking at it and thinking "just do it now!"

No it's definitely more sensible to wait lol

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

A reclaimed MK4 metal shifter bracket with new 034 billet bushings

Millers9673

Installed a BFI shift knob along with the Boomba Short Shift adapter. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the color of the knob. It matches the red stitching in the car perfectly.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Ordered the Boomba Racing short shift adapter. I was going back and forth over purchasing a brand new short shifter (complete assembly) or just going with the adapter. For $85 and with generally very positive reviews I'll try the boomba adapter first. Will probably do the clutch bleeder "fix" when this goes in since the air box will be out of the way

Last edited:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Nice one :D Did you get an IS38 tune?
Yeah currently giac is38 software ecu+tcu (dsg) and working on stacking the jb4 right now. I'd recommend a DSG tune once you get it installed if your car is a DSG. The added power pretty much calls for it. The difference is night and day.

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Cobb Tuning catback exhaust ? decided that since I've literally only seen one on the Internet, I'll give it a go myself. Working on getting some sound clips for future reference, but I like it so far. ?

Just got my box with an Autotech intake in it a few minutes ago, but haven't snapped pics yet.

Kei