GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I am looking at two GTIs and I'm thinking of leasing. The first is a 18 GTI S with manual transmission with a sticker of $27,655. The second is a 18 SE with manual trans and the Clark Plaid interior with a sticker of $ 31,740. Both are for 36 months, 12k per year and no money out of pocket. The S will lease for $246 and the SE for $291.

What do you think?

Did you get residual factor and money factor for the lease, typically GTIs dont lease well and thats the reason you do not see many people doing that here. If you are planning to lease, why not look into 2017s.

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking at two GTIs and I'm thinking of leasing. The first is a 18 GTI S with manual transmission with a sticker of $27,655. The second is a 18 SE with manual trans and the Clark Plaid interior with a sticker of $ 31,740. Both are for 36 months, 12k per year and no money out of pocket. The S will lease for $246 and the SE for $291.

What do you think?
What?? zero down on an 18 SE 12k miles for 246 a month? how??

last month i was quoted 12k miles on a base GTI with zero down $422 not including tax.

VWPrine

GLI to GTI

Hello all, just joined the GTI world yesterday! Picked up a CPO 2016 White SE with 17k miles in Green Bay WI for $19480. Traded in my 2014 Jetta GLI, and I cant wait for the snow to disappear so I can really have fun with it!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hi all, new to the MK7 forum. Owned some VWs over the years (MK1 GTI, and two MKII Sciroccos) but none in the last 20 years. Came home two weeks ago with a new '17 Golf Sportwagen S, base model with 6-spd auto.

Paid $20,510 out the door including doc/title/reg fees and MA 6.25% tax, with zero down and 0% financing for 72 mo.

The price included the Muddy Buddy trunk liner, the Mojo mats, the Monster mats (needed here in New England), those silly CarGo blocks, splash guards and the Roadside emergency kit. I didn't want most of those accessories (would have preferred more off the price but the salesman refused to budge on the accessories), but I felt I was getting a good deal nonetheless.

My last new car was a 2010 Mazda5, also base model, and it blows my mind how far cars have come along in a few years, especially in the area of electronics and mobile device integration. I think the stock audio system is pretty good (this coming from a middle-age dude who was a former audiophile freak), and the CarPlay and SD card integration are top notch. I have my entire music library loaded on an SD card which I just keep in the car permanently.

I'm a little disappointed with the stock 15" alloys with 65-profile rubber, but I think the jump from 15" to 18" when you step up to the higher trim level is overkill. I'm of the opinion that 17" are about the max size that look good on a compact car, but that's just me.

The 1.8 TSI is a marvelous piece of engineering and the stock 6-spd auto isn't bad either.

Last edited:

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Just picked up my 2018 GTI SE with DSG from Lindsay yesterday. :)

MSRP: $32,840
Paid: $28,287 = $4,553 off MSRP
MI Taxes: $1,745
MI Plates: $237

Total OTD : $30,269

Flew from Detroit to Washington/Dulles yesterday morning and was in and out of the dealership within 1 1/2 hours. They were great to deal with and couldn't recommend them more! I then drove 500 miles home and it was a blast. My local dealers couldn't touch the deal and were about $2,000 more so it was well worth the $140 flight.
Andreas

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
[/B]Flew from Detroit to Washington/Dulles yesterday morning and was in and out of the dealership within 1 1/2 hours. They were great to deal with and couldn't recommend them more! I then drove 500 miles home and it was a blast.

Congrats on your new drive. I did the same in 2016. Break-in drive was through the inner roads of Pennsylvania and it was fun!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Flew from Detroit to Washington/Dulles yesterday morning and was in and out of the dealership within 1 1/2 hours. They were great to deal with and couldn't recommend them more! I then drove 500 miles home and it was a blast. My local dealers couldn't touch the deal and were about $2,000 more so it was well worth the $140 flight.
Andreas

Congrats Andreas!!

What'd you do with the K04'd MK6, btw? Still have it?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Congrats Andreas!!

What'd you do with the K04'd MK6, btw? Still have it?

Still have it. :D I will probably put it up for sale in the Spring. :eek:

spiff72

Andreas

Just curious - when buying out of state and travelling/flying to pick up, how do you guarantee that a shady dealer doesn't take advantage of you being away from home and try jacking up the price or selling the car out from under you while you are on your way there?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Just curious - when buying out of state and travelling/flying to pick up, how do you guarantee that a shady dealer doesn't take advantage of you being away from home and try jacking up the price or selling the car out from under you while you are on your way there?

When i bought mine, i had an approved loan from my local CU, so i had a cashiers check to the right dollar amount.

If a dealer treats a customer like that, the buyer is going to spread the word all over. So the dealer is not going to damage their reputation for a couple of hundred dollars.