GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great. How’s the ride?

njavier03

Ready to race!
Looks great. How’s the ride?

If you rode in my car now, you probably wouldn’t notice the difference. It’s ever so slightly stiffer. I’ve actually purposely hit a couple road imperfections, and it felt very close to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherwood

Ready to race!
Here is my 4dr DSG
Before

After

sherwood

Ready to race!
From ground to top of fender, before and after measurements
Front fender 26 3/8 -> 25 7/8
Rear 26 3/4 -> 25 3/4

njavier03

Ready to race!
Daytime pic after about 100 miles

lokerola

Ready to race!
So my DG springs and stock bearings are starting to squeak more and more over bumps, especially in the cold. Sigh. I don't know what it is about lowering MK7's, but they don't seem to like lowering without squeaking.

I'll probably go back to stock suspension next spring. I can't fucking handle squeaks on my car.

njavier03

Ready to race!
So my DG springs and stock bearings are starting to squeak more and more over bumps, especially in the cold. Sigh. I don't know what it is about lowering MK7's, but they don't seem to like lowering without squeaking.

I'll probably go back to stock suspension next spring. I can't fucking handle squeaks on my car.

Did you replace the bearings when you had the springs installed? If not, how many miles were on them?

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!

This is what I feared. A few pages back I asked you how they were holding up, but since then I decided not to mess with the suspension. Stock is fine enough for my commute and the occasional backroads; I have my eye on a used Cayman if I really want something more capable.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
This is what I feared. A few pages back I asked you how they were holding up, but since then I decided not to mess with the suspension. Stock is fine enough for my commute and the occasional backroads; I have my eye on a used Cayman if I really want something more capable.

Don’t let this throw you.

Springs should not squeak... there is a problem with the install or they reused the old strut bearings.

BTW I just picked up a low mile 996! So far have done a complete audio build and Fister mufflers. It’s a hoot.

I would look at this before a Cayman.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Haven't you gone through a few set ups already? You might have to refresh our memory with a quick summary.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Looks good. Are you DSG or manual? DCC?

Thanks! Manual and no DCC. There is a little bit of negative rake though. I’m having the TT pads installed tomorrow, if the weather permits. I’d do it myself, but I’m getting an alignment done anyway, so I don’t mind spending $35 to have someone do it for me.