GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS off via button.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If I ever visit Florida, I wanna shake your hand!

Cheers!

PS: Someone tell Tiff he can review this car again lol

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
OOOPs, i shared on VWVORTEX lol

03 ABS > 07 Coding > Long COding > Choice 29 byte (last one)

Hex Values

05 - ESC ON/ASR Off/ESC OFF
06 - ESC ON/ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
09 - stock

Don't want to hijack the thread, but what's the difference?
If I set the value to 05, pressing the button will cycle through ESC ON/ASR Off/ESC OFF?
What does ESC do as opposed to ASR?
Many thanks

SHFT

Ready to race!
Yes to my question. So just delete 09 at the very end of huge number on byte 29? Then input other code?
I'm afraid of screwing this up...

Yup exactly what i did, don't worry you can always set it back, it won't break anything.

If you do it with the car running, once you do it the ABS light will come on. Turn the car off and back on and it will take affect.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If you are worried, just change it back and clear codes before you go to the dealer. My dealer was amazed when I rolled my windows down with the fob...

Ah basically like a tune :)

VCDS/VAGCOM is an aspect of VW i am NOT familiar with at all - will read up on it more. Is it worth having it for yourself?

SHFT

Ready to race!
Ah basically like a tune :)

VCDS/VAGCOM is an aspect of VW i am NOT familiar with at all - will read up on it more. Is it worth having it for yourself?

It depends on what you do with. I actually split it 3 ways with a couple of guys. For one guy its already more than paid for itself as we used it to release the electronic parking brake on his wife's tiguan so we could do the brakes.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yup exactly what i did, don't worry you can always set it back, it won't break anything.

If you do it with the car running, once you do it the ABS light will come on. Turn the car off and back on and it will take affect.
Awesome thanks! How'd you figure this out?!

Whackamac

Ready to race!
Crap. I need a real cable. Someone "threw away" a 12.12 cable in a box of unwanted tech stuff that was given to my company. Just found it is chinese. And will not change the ABS code...

You can change it, but it will not stick. Anyone in S. Oregon have a cable?