GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VWR springs in setups in here

depth_charged

Ready to race!
There's your problem. Lots of people have had issues with those making noise

The OEM mounts & new OEM strut bearings were all you needed

As for other noises....it usually has to do with the install (error).

Can confirm, I have the ECS mounts and they are noisy... It initially drove me insane because I was chasing my tail thinking I borked the install.

My noises have mostly subsided... I'm not sure if it is the 4,500 miles I've put on the suspension thanks partly to a roadtrip, or that fact that summer has brought daily 100+ temps to AZ and the mounts are probably melting into silly putty.

REDRUM_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 20k miles on my car. If I install these springs, could I get away with using all of the OE parts associated with it? Most likely will get spacers.

njavier03

Ready to race!
I have 20k miles on my car. If I install these springs, could I get away with using all of the OE parts associated with it? Most likely will get spacers.

I installed my springs at 27k, and I'm still on stock struts, shocks, and mounts. Just make sure to get new OE bearings and all new hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Can confirm, I have the ECS mounts and they are noisy... It initially drove me insane because I was chasing my tail thinking I borked the install.

My noises have mostly subsided... I'm not sure if it is the 4,500 miles I've put on the suspension thanks partly to a roadtrip, or that fact that summer has brought daily 100+ temps to AZ and the mounts are probably melting into silly putty.

x4, my ECS mounts squeak but only when cold (CA cold, say between 40-60 degrees, not sure if it would be worse or not in real cold) but when it's warm (70+) or after driving and warming them up they are quiet. For me it's definitely a temperature dependent thing. Will go back to OEM parts in the future, I've used both ECS and 034 mounts in the past and it can be a real crap shoot. Only one of my ECS mounts squeaks BTW, but was silent initially.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I also installed a rear ttrs spring pad.

njavier03

Ready to race!
That's probably the lowest I've seen for VWRs

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It's due to the wheel setup. On stock 18's it looks higher

MIXMAN31131

MK7 Golf TDi

Anyone have any pictures of these on a Mk7 Golf TDi? Im looking to lower my car and I'm not sure what to get or will work best for me. TIA

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
VWR springs and hyper black Neuspeed RSe102's on Michelin PSS 235/35ZR19's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
VWR springs and hyper black Neuspeed RSe102's on Michelin PSS 235/35ZR19's

PSA...you'll want to pull your fender screw if you are running et45 19X8.5's with 235/35's.

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
My new wheels. 19x8.5, +45 with 235/35. I need to do fender screw mod, but damn do they fill the fender well!

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My new wheels. 19x8.5, +45 with 235/35. I need to do fender screw mod, but damn do they fill the fender well!

Super clean car! Looks awesome!