GOLFMKV

Perfectly Flush Offset

Jjmann12

Passed Driver's Ed
8.5 et30 fine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Peteomagic

Hi All.

I am currently looking for some 19" wheels for my Golf 7 R-Line.
They are 9x19 ET42, will they fit with 225/35/19 or 235/35/19 ?
Will i have any trouble here ??
Thx in advance
From Noop :)

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I'm running those exact specs front and rear. Minor rubbing issues in the front, rears don't touch at all. i'm lowered on H&R sports

SilverBulletGTI

I prefer square setups myself and have always ran them on my cars.

Reason I posted the actual numbers is to show it another way. Either set of measurements can be used for calculation purposes as long as you have a general understanding of wheel offset aka backspacing. Some people prefer staggered setups, and the FWD concern doesn't apply to all cars on this board.

So whats the "right way" to do it?
Staggered (no spacers needed)
or square set ups ( using spacers and I take it you buy 4 wheels same size and are able to rotate like a previous post mentioned).

Just want to get it done the Right way.
Thanks...

Zach L

VR junkie
So whats the "right way" to do it?
Staggered (no spacers needed)
or square set ups ( using spacers and I take it you buy 4 wheels same size and are able to rotate like a previous post mentioned).

Just want to get it done the Right way.
Thanks...
The right way is the way YOU want to do it. I personally favor a square setup plus spacers over a staggered setup. For handling those are both just as detrimental for FWD and AWD cars. Increasing the rear track width will increase understeer. The staggered setup only helps performance on a rear drive car.

But let's face it, most of us never track our cars, and those that do usually have a dedicated wheel/tire setup just for those occasions. The other 99% of the time we just want something that looks good. That usually means, for most, using a thicker spacer on the rear.

BTW if someone cares about having it all, there are companies that make slightly widened (+25mm) front fenders for newer Golfs, allowing the same width wheels that are flush on the rear to also be used and be flush on the front. Such a setup looks great and doesn't hurt performance. Understeer is not increased. SRS-Tec is one company.

Brendon1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for fitment photos of an 18x9 +35 running a 235. I am trying to figure out a track setup and wondering if that will clear the front on my 2015 R.

17x9 +45 fits on my mk6 with no rubbing after performing the screw mod on the front and that is with a 245/40/17. Suspension ran on the mk6 is h&r sport springs with Koni Yellows. No rubbing under hard cornering in auto-x and track days.

wahttty

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for fitment photos of an 18x9 +35 running a 235. I am trying to figure out a track setup and wondering if that will clear the front on my 2015 R.

17x9 +45 fits on my mk6 with no rubbing after performing the screw mod on the front and that is with a 245/40/17. Suspension ran on the mk6 is h&r sport springs with Koni Yellows. No rubbing under hard cornering in auto-x and track days.

That will rub like there is no tomorrow.

Zach L

VR junkie
With that size tire, yeah. You'd be fine running a 225 but that's not the direction to go for a track setup.