GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Houston VW owners

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Depends on what side people are on.

If we talk southeast side near Clear Lake and stuff...

They just opened up a Dave and Busters at the baybrook mall.

Other than that... BJs on Bay Area Blvd.

If we talk Montrose area... They open up the Cadillac dealership for parking. That's super close to Mongoose vs Cobra. Not really a burger place... but tons of good beer.

If we do a meet up... where would we want to meet?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Depends on what side people are on.

If we talk southeast side near Clear Lake and stuff...

They just opened up a Dave and Busters at the baybrook mall.

Other than that... BJs on Bay Area Blvd.

If we talk Montrose area... They open up the Cadillac dealership for parking. That's super close to Mongoose vs Cobra. Not really a burger place... but tons of good beer.

If we do a meet up... where would we want to meet?

Let's just pick a place and try. I'm new to the Houston area.. . just moved from Chicago
Mongoose vs Cobra and that BJs place sounds promising. let's try the Mongoose place first?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
For Mongoose vs the Cobra will depend heavily on when we go. If that cadillac dealership fills up... parking is on the street.

Monday or Tuesday night?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
So how do we go about doing this? I don't mind taking on any work, organizing and what not.

There are a bunch of people on the MK6 site in Houston, should I tell them?

back in Chicago we started with a thread and it became a weekly thing
take a look for a reference
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78562

what day do you want to meet? tuesday seems like a good day
mondays can get really busy with work

make a thread over here and there. . .. i will help promote too

wlfpck

Ready to race!
If we do this, we should try to get at least 5 or 6 people at the minimum.

If we include the mk6 guys that's fine too. Just not sure how parking is going to work out and stuff.

This week is probably too short notice for most people. If we plan anything, we should probably try for next week at the earliest.

Just my 2 cents.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
well, you can count me in
start small. .. next tuesday?

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm game! I love my GTI, but never been a huge car guy before. It'd be cool to meet up with people in the Houston area. If any of you have done any mods I hope you won't mind if I pick your brain about em :p

Is there a way to follow this thread or get notifications when someone posts here?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I'm game! I love my GTI, but never been a huge car guy before. It'd be cool to meet up with people in the Houston area. If any of you have done any mods I hope you won't mind if I pick your brain about em [emoji14]

Is there a way to follow this thread or get notifications when someone posts here?
theres the EAG meet this Friday @ southwells? i think

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

waytoospicy

I'm game! I love my GTI, but never been a huge car guy before. It'd be cool to meet up with people in the Houston area. If any of you have done any mods I hope you won't mind if I pick your brain about em :p

At the top of the page of the thread, there's the tab call "thread tools" that lets you subscribe to the thread.

I'm also from Houston and just got my GTI as well. I've only added the JB1 as far as mod goes. Not really looking to do anything else for a while until JB4 :D

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
oh, and go ahead and ask any questions about modding

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
What's EAG? Which Southwells? I googled it and there are 3 in town.

Is there a shop in Houston you guys could recommend for getting my GTI chipped? I'm something of a noob when it comes to performance mods. I've dabbled in car audio. But I was complaining that the GTI feels kinda sluggish and he sent me a link to giacusa where they are saying their tuning can give me a 50 ft/lb boost to torque. That had me drooling...