GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sport Springs with ECS Spacers Before/After

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Just installed the H&R Sport Springs with ECS 15mm - 20mm spacers and I'm very pleased with the results. I bought all products from ecstuning.com, mostly because the springs were only 199 compared to the vwr 289 I see everywhere, plus you get the same look. 1.3 in front and 1.3 in rear drop.

Ride quality is a bit more stiff with the springs but it is not bad at all! I really enjoy it actually. I have taken the car to 90mph with this setup and have no vibrations at all with the spacers. No rubbing either so far.

Best of all, I can take corners noticeably faster and I feel much more confident.

BEFORE:

After:

I will get around to taking some better pictures and letting you know if the springs settle in a bit more. All in all though, I love the look and the improved handling!

Last edited:

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
i would be 100% satisfied with that rear a little higher just a tad to eliminate the reverse rake :) other than that looks pretty amazing

Gnasher

Ready to race!
i would be 100% satisfied with that rear a little higher just a tad to eliminate the reverse rake :) other than that looks pretty amazing

You're wrong there - I'd be 100% satisfied if the front was a little lower to eliminate the reverse rake ;)

Which brings me on to 2 words... Eibach Sportlines!

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Yeah, I do wish the front was only one finger like the rear but after reading about how the VWR work so well with the stock set up, I thought these would be good with stock setup as well since they are about the same. I was also wondering how well 19 inch wheels would fit with these.

Pictures just don't do the stance justice. It looks fantastic in person. Coming back from a few stores today to see this in the parking lot, its like a whole new car!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks very nice

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!
Looks great man. My guess is that the rear "looking" lower is just an optical illusion created by more camber back there. Also adding a larger spacer vs the front probably adds to reducing the gap in the back more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjm51

Ready to race!
looking really good mike.

congrats.

i've never modded a car. thinking of doing this one.

has the car 'settled' and now has equal drops on all wheels?

tarmacdaddy was kind enough to explain about a car settling on new springs and then getting the wheels aligned after a few days and/0r 50 miles.

curious if you have '1 finger' now all around? (gawd, that sounds rude! :eek:)

i really want to do this mod, but only if things will be close in drop on all four corners. planning on vwr springs.

thanks for any insight.

enjoy your car in good health!

john