GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 Mk7 - 381TQ and 316HP

WalterKohn

Ready to race!
So I'm just reading this now... I have a June 2015 build date GTI. I was planning on going to get a apr stage 1 tune next week. I'm assuming I have a new ecu so this means I can't get it until APR figures out a new method of flashing?

I have a June 2015 build as well. I went the JB1 route. Don't know if I have a new ecu I think there for 2016 MY GTI.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

ejewels

Ready to race!
Hey Walter I think you answered me on my vortex thread as well. I may go for the JB1, just have heard how the whole piggyback thing is a little "hack". But then again it's not dealer detectable and prob better than the piggy backs of the 90s. I really want to know if and when it's possible to get APR tunes with newer Ecu's.

spader13

Passed Driver's Ed
Any updates on program switching availability for our cars, as well as coming up with a plan to tune the new ECU's that don't allow OBD flashing? I'm going to wait for my 10k dealer oil change (with a 5k self oil change in between) to tune it. I'm going to need program switching so I can travel without fear of not being able to find 93 octane lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

smoconnor

There is an August 4 update on the APR homepage that talks about program switching and pricing. It says the pricing is listed on the individual product pages. But there is nothing listed on the TSI Gen3 page.

supergrine

I'm having a Dickens of a time trying to find ok information about switching. Does the APR Stage 1 support switching between stock and the Stage 1 profile?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Stacked? You'd have to have some good fuel for that. I know someone accidentally did it in theirs but multiple other users commented that it ran great and fast as hell. Unless you're running high octane or meth, I wouldn't stack.

What's your purpose for wanting to?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anyone know how the mk7 runs with a jb1 and stage 1?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Eh stage 1 plus piggyback sounds dangerous if you're stock otherwise. As far as i know stage 1's p much maximize stock hardware. Cant imagine the cost/risk vs benefit of stacking would be worth it.

For what it's worth RJ is the epitome of FBO, including Stage 2+ tune and IS38, and is at consistent 380whp. His next step after putting over 10K into his car is stacking JB1 on top of his tune with meth for even more gains. I dont imagine stacking being useful under any other circumstances (aka anything less than FBO), but hey if you're willing to be the guinea pig we'd all love to see what happens

tkchan19

Passed Driver's Ed
Also wanted to do a little more bragging about the tune besides the power upgrade...on my "Since Start" avg mpg...a 33mile ride home from work all highway miles I got that thing to tick up to 36.6 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an APR stage 1 tune on my 2016 GTI S manual and averaged 36 miles from DC to Massachusetts and back. Thumbs up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sovietsky191

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys, I read through the thread and wanted to confirm. Are 2017 GTI's unable to be flashed to APR stage 1 due to this patch on new ECU's? Or has APR found a way to get around this? Arin?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
hey guys, I read through the thread and wanted to confirm. Are 2017 GTI's unable to be flashed to APR stage 1 due to this patch on new ECU's? Or has APR found a way to get around this? Arin?

I'm pretty sure 2017's are able to be flashed. I just had the DSG tune done today on my one.