GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Rokblokz installed. Wheels coming soon ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
ECS spacers, 5mm front, and 8mm rear looks a lot better! [emoji41] [emoji106]

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
Turbo muffler and LED

Deleted the turbo muffler and added an LED kit from Deautokey on my license plate and reverse light.

But damn, that turbo muffler is a PITA. Who the F designed that thing and why?. This car was engineered by enthusiast for enthusiast. I just don't get that part at all.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Did a DSG fluid and filter change at 34K miles. Easy job and seems much easier to fill from top and no need to purchase special VAS6262 tool. Just a cone funnel and tube which was small enough to fit in filter hole and secured funnel to hood latch with coat hanger. It is slower, but I have time, fill up funnel and come back in 5 minutes, and repeat. I did the measure and refill method, 4.7L of DSG fluid was used. If I did the factory method of measuring (Vagcom for oil temp and let it overflow, plug when it starts to trickle) would still fill from top, Followed this DIY: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/d...cement-service-vw-and-audi-stronic-oil-flush/

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Nicely done George. I did the same process with my mk5 back in the day and planned to follow it once more for my mk7 (albeit i'll be changing early at 20k instead of the 40k). Were there any differences in the process? I may snag a tool just to not have to use a funnel (last time i used a near identical funnel and the valve broke off into an open position almost immediately).

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
Did a DSG fluid and filter change at 34K miles. Easy job and seems much easier to fill from top and no need to purchase special VAS6262 tool. Just a cone funnel and tube which was small enough to fit in filter hole and secured funnel to hood latch with coat hanger. It is slower, but I have time, fill up funnel and come back in 5 minutes, and repeat. I did the measure and refill method, 4.7L of DSG fluid was used. If I did the factory method of measuring (Vagcom for oil temp and let it overflow, plug when it starts to trickle) would still fill from top, Followed this DIY: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/d...cement-service-vw-and-audi-stronic-oil-flush/

Thanks for this tip

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Nice! What wheels are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, they are TSW nurburgrings, 18x8 about 18lbs each[emoji41] [emoji106]

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
ECS spacers, 5mm front, and 8mm rear looks a lot better! [emoji41] [emoji106]

Looks great. Any rubbing? I've got 18x8 as well and have been trying to figure out what spacer sizes to go with.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Looks great. Any rubbing? I've got 18x8 as well and have been trying to figure out what spacer sizes to go with.

Well the offset on these rims are 45, so that also makes a difference, I first used the ECS try out kit to make sure which ones I wanted keeping in mind that I will soon be running 235 size tires also, I am also on Emmanuel design springs with absolutely zero rubbing and smooth as silk at 80mph on the freeway [emoji41] [emoji106]

nype

Drag Racing Champion

18x8 ET45 is 10mm more poke than stock.

So considering the spacer flush kits are 15mm front and 20mm rear, you would need 5mm front and 10mm rear to match the flush kit. [emoji1303]

I actually like a them a little less wide. I have the Austins on now with 10mm front and 15mm rear. When I upgrade wheels, I will go 18x8 ET45 with just 5mm spacers on the rear.