GOLFMKV

Official Night Blue Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Finally got my new wheels and tires! RSE12 18x8.5 with Michelin PS4S 235/40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for helping me decide on the right tire size. What suspension are you running and whats the wheel offset if you don't mind me asking. I'm currently on stock with 18x8.5 +45 on stock 225 tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lachode

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for helping me decide on the right tire size. What suspension are you running and whats the wheel offset if you don't mind me asking. I'm currently on stock with 18x8.5 +45 on stock 225 tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Et45 and H&R street performance coils. I have done he fender screw mod and I’m pretty low for the tire. It rubbed initially but I’m good at this height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
#NightBlueisbestblue

:D

Picked it up from the dealer with the windows tinted, and the splash guard package and side skirt accents. Nothing done so far, but I'm actively saving for maintenance, wheels, tires, and other suspension goodies. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 1,347

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Side skirt accents?

If you look at my pictures, right underneath the cabin area there's a little piece of plastic that accents the space between the wheels.

I know the stance guys always get these and call them 'side skirt accents' or 'side skirt lips' something along those lines. Tomorrow I'll go outside during the day time and take a picture of it in the early morning light.

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
If you look at my pictures, right underneath the cabin area there's a little piece of plastic that accents the space between the wheels.

I know the stance guys always get these and call them 'side skirt accents' or 'side skirt lips' something along those lines. Tomorrow I'll go outside during the day time and take a picture of it in the early morning light.

EDIT: Just found a picture of what I'm talking about online. Once you see it, I'm not 200% on what you'd generally refer to those as. I just call them side skirt accents because...well I feel like they accent the side skirt, to make it look lower than it really is. Lol. It worked on my sister, she was concerned about me going over a speed bump and made the comment 'the car looks a lot lower than it is, especially on the sides'.

Attachments

• 372-sd1_u.jpg
    372-sd1_u.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,346

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Finally washed her after actually getting some sky water out here in So Cal... forgot the name of that stuff but anyways. Got my baby a few XMas gifts in the last couple weeks... JB1, RSe10s, CTS DP, Neuspeed CAI, 034 Insert and VWR Springs... got the wife a used vacuum off Craigs List.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

YES! This is the look!

I've been trying to show my lady how a NBM GTI with brushed/machined silver wheels would look! I didn't want to go with the a-typical bronze or black/gunmetal wheels. This is definitely the look I want to achieve!

Now to just find a set of wheels that I like, haha.